Sunday 22 January 2017

Green Fingers and Chainaxes

Carrying on from The Green Death post earlier, I've been beavering away at this little warband for about a week, determined to create a small host of characters that were simple to build with only a little greenstuff intervention.

Black and white photos seem to be en vogue right now


Most of these characters (with the exception of Quayle) have gone through a number of rethinks on particular parts, but I'm rather pleased with how they've turned out (especially the Argyraspides).



Inquisitor Dimmock (name pending) still needs a little work, adding extra trinkets, tokens, gewgaws and fetishes, so I will be rooting through my bits box before painting her.

 The Argyraspides

As I've said, I'm rather pleased with how he eventually turned out, using an old plastic Goliath that I was donated by a friend.

Quayle

Quayle was actually made for a different project idea I had several months ago, but was discarded. I'm really looking forward to trying out some new painting techniques on him, more specifically, painting his blades to look like pink/yellow coral.

Holy Arborists of the Orders Botanicae

I was drawn to the idea of including a couple of bizarre lumberjack-warrior monks. Indeed there is a rather nice quote in which the term 'lumberjack' is first used:

"my misfortunes have been brought upon me chiefly by an incorrigible, though perhaps useful, race of mortals called LUMBERJACKS, whom, however, I would name the Cossack's of Upper Canada, who, having been reared among the oaks and pines of the wild forest, have never been subjected to the salutary restraint of laws."

Anyway, looking forward to getting these guys painted and maybe even get a game in (if I'm lucky)!


Спасибо за прочтение

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. Looking forward to seeing them painted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting stuff! The use of scale parts with the Goliath head and arms is really successful, since otherwise they are so large as to be difficult to use at best.

    The Lumberjacks seem to have an overly long haft on their axes. Might be worth shortening?

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent group of models as always! I look forward to seeing them progress and maybe get painted!

    Also, my blog Between the Bolter and Me included your blog on our list of best blogs of 2016:
    http://betweenthebolterandme.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-look-back-best-blogs-of-2016.html

    Keep up the inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete